Thursday, June 21, 2012

DIY Deodorant

I absolutely loved the deodorant that I bought, but once things started to "warm up", it started failing me.  Not near as bad as the regular ones, but it still was failing.  I did a couple of experiments.  Since I travel between my fiances place in Seattle and St. Louis, I have two bottles of Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal, Spray Mist.



I heard that Tea Tree oil was a good way to stop the smell, and I have also heard that baking soda was also helpful.  The bottle in Seattle I doctored with some baking soda, and it really helped!  But then again, when I am in Seattle, it doesn't get very hot there, so the baking soda trick worked there.(about a table spoon added to the deodorant- be careful when adding, it will foam over if too much is added).



Here in St. Louis, I added tea tree oil, and that also helped, but it gets much, much hotter in St. Louis.  So it would somewhat fail towards the end of the day. (I added about 10 drops to a full bottle)

Tea Tree 100% Pure Essential Oil - 10 ml

I decided to start from scratch once I ran out of my first bottle in St. Louis.  I had already went out and purchased the Crystal Body Deodorant Rock for 3 bucks.  I was been told by a good friend of mine that these last MUCH longer. You set next to your shower, and wet when you are done showering, and rub your arm pits with it.

CRYSTAL All Natural Body Deodorant - Original Rock 3 oz

I took a small bowl of water and let the rock sit in it for a couple of hours(about a cup- cup and a half of water).  I ran some errands and when I got back, some of it had dissolved, then I put this back in my empty spray bottle and added about 10 drops of tea tree oil and about a table spoon of baking soda.

It has been reaching the 90's here in St. Louis, and I only need to use it once in the morning.  It totally rocks(get it)!    I have been using this for a few weeks, and I am completely happy with it.  It works so much better than any deodorant I have ever used.  Yes, I sweat some, but you sweat in St. Louis.  It's just a fact!

Again, I hope you enjoyed reading .Any and all comments are encouraged.  I love sharing my information and hope it helps others.

Thank you again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment