Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Organic Deodorant

Realizing that I had removed most of the bad stuff out of my hair, I started thinking about other products that I could replace.  Deodorant was the next in line.  I have for a long, long time, been in a battle with deodorant.  For years I used the Dry Idea spray(which they no longer make- because it was an aerosol), and had been searching for a better deodorant.  I would switch back and forth from gel to stick.  They seemed to work o.k., except when it would quit completely.  I realized this on a recent trip to Seattle from St. Louis.  I had a lay over in Phoenix, and even though I had showered 5 hours before the lay over, my deodorant completely FAILED on me.  I didn't pack any because I had another stick waiting for me in Seattle, so I had to buy some at the airport at an inflated airport price.  I started to keep that stick in my carry on in case I had another "fail" for future trips.  So, why the heck not check out a non toxic version?  It wasn't like the toxic stuff was working anyway.  I was using Dove, and I would have to re apply when going out for the evening.

I started to read and was very confused by all the information.  So I thought, the fewer ingredients, the better.  So I found this:  Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal, Spray Mist

 

The first day I used it, was two days before a plane ride.  I found out I could pick it up at Whole Foods, so we went to the store after I got to Seattle.  I couldn't stop doing a "pit smell check".  I felt like I was in a terrible version of a deodorant commercial.

(watch)
Sure Deodorant Commercial

I wouldn't shut up about it either.  Here are the ingredients to this product:

Purified Water, Natural Mineral Salts 

No Preservatives, Not Tested on Animals 

So, I was simply amazed I found something that actually didn't have a bunch of stuff in it AND it worked VERY well!

After a few weeks, it would fail a little, but not NEAR as bad as the other stuff I was using.  My "close to the armpit sweaters and shirts" I was no longer putting directly into the laundry because of a fowl smell in the pit region.  Now, it might have only failed slightly because of taking meds for a headache for a day or two, because your body does smell and process things which can come out making someone smell bad for a day or two, but I'm still sold.  It works SO MUCH BETTER than anything I had used for a long, long time.

Again, all suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Next week I move to soap!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Deodorant is a big deal for me too. Years ago I stopped using antiperspirants because typically there is aluminum in them and that isn't good. For a long time I used Tom's of Maine roll on deodorant because it worked great and came in a glass bottle which is better than plastic. They discontinued it a few years ago! ergh! Lately I have been using a natural mineral salt crystal. You put it on when you step out of the shower when your pits are still damp or you can just pass the crystal under running water and glide it one. Cat gave me one a couple of years ago and William gave me one when i was up there this past january. I still have the one Cat gave me. I have no idea how must they cost, but they seem to last FOREVER. And they work! So I am guessing they are the most economical deodorant available in the market. The only bad thing about them is that they come in a plastic case. Also, I keep a tiny bottle of tea tree oil in my purse. It is my first aid kit, but a dab of it in the pits will get rid of BO nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting Misha. :)

    I was also told about the salt crystal, sounds like what I am using, but I'm using the "watered down" version of it. I will look into it. I have also been finding products I want to make ask for tea tree oil, so I will also look into that more.

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete