Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Organic Face Scrub

A few months ago I was invited to a organic beauty party.  At this point I had not been inspired to change my ways with products, but I enjoyed hanging out with my girl friends and not being pressured to purchase anything(which is why I normally do not enjoy those types of parties), but I did buy some bug spray, cause I had used it the year before, and liked the fact that it didn't smell like, well, bug spray!  Our friend Emily started this process of making organic products after the birth of her daughter.

My friend Lori ended up lending me some of her Lavender Almond Oat Face Scrub that Emily made, and after a day or two, I was HOOKED!  I used to have acne when I was a teenager, and used all sorts of products to help me with that.  In my 20's I stopped using soap on my face, and it helped a lot, and it was great, however, I still would break out during that "period" of the month.  Once I started using the Face Scrub, I actually made it through that time with no acne.  It was AWESOME!


Here are the ingredients in the Lavender Almond Oat Face Scrub:

Grapeseed oil, colloidal oatmeal, almonds, vitamin E oil, essential oil of lavender, raw sugar


It's food!  So if you get a little in your mouth, you don't taste chemicals.  It's wonderful!  And because of the oil in the product, your face feels better after you wash.  Make sure to rinse with warm water after you scrub, and to pat your face dry with a towel.  

An 8oz. jar costs $11.50 off of her website.  The product is NOT 100% organic, but it is all natural, and free of chemical preservatives, stabilizers and fragrance.

Update: Here is her website!  A Precious Welcome  Go to the herbal skin care section. All her products are organic.

I learned a long time ago that chemical washes on my face made my skin worse, the reason why I washed with just water for so long.  Using this product has helped my skin more, and I love it.

Thank you so much for reading again.  Any and all comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment